Updated: Dec 2nd, 2019
Arlo Cyber Monday Deals
These deals are now live!
Arlo Pro (720p, good enough for most people)
Arlo Pro (1-camera system) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $249. <– great deal for 1 Arlo Pro camera
Arlo Pro (3-camera system) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $579.
Arlo Pro 2 (1080p)
Arlo Pro 2 (2-camera system) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $479. <– really good deal for a system with 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras
Arlo Pro 2 (4-camera system) is on sale at Best Buy for $399. Normal price is $649.
Arlo (budget model)
Arlo (2 cameras) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $299. (old generation, not recommended)
Arlo Lights (2-light kit) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $249.
Arlo Q (1-camera) is on sale on Amazon. Normal price is $249.
- 1 Arlo Cyber Monday Deals
- 2 Should I get the Arlo Pro 1 or Arlo Pro 2?
- 3 Are there any deals on Arlo Pro 3?
- 4 Other Security Camera Deals
- 5 Should I get an Arlo or Arlo Pro?
- 6 When are Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019?
- 7 Predictions for Cyber Monday – Security Camera Deals
- 8 Why get an Arlo on Cyber Monday?
- 9 Archived Deals from Past Thanksgiving Weekends
Should I get the Arlo Pro 1 or Arlo Pro 2?
Arlo Pro 2 has upgraded features, such as Continuous Video Recording and 3-Second Look Back. However, we believe that Arlo Pro is still the overall winner for the price, features and resolution. Some of the advantages over Arlo Pro are:
- Arlo Pro 2 has higher resolution (1080p vs 720p).
- Arlo Pro 2 has a continuous recording feature, which is not offered in Arlo Pro, but the feature requires a monthly subscription.
- Arlo Pro 2 has a “3-second look-back” feature which allows viewing of the first few seconds of recording after motion.
- Arlo Pro 2 allows the user to set specific activity zones while Arlo Pro cannot.
Check out our comparison of Arlo Pro vs Arlo Pro 2 for more information.
Our Recommendation: Arlo Pro
Reason: While Arlo Pro 2’s upgrades did address some of the issues found on Arlo Pro, we believe Arlo Pro still has a better mixture of price and performance.
Are there any deals on Arlo Pro 3?
There are slight discounts on the Alro Pro 3, but nothing to write home about. Since it’s a very new model, it’s not surprising that Netgear has decided not to discount it too much this year.
You can check the price of the Arlo Pro 3 camera on Amazon here.
Other Security Camera Deals
Blink security cameras on Best Buy. Blink XT (1-camera kit) on Amazon. Blink XT (2-camera kit) on Amazon. Blink XT (3-camera kit) on Amazon. Blink XT (5-camera kit) on Amazon. Ring floodlight camera on Amazon. Two(2) x Ring security camera on Amazon. (limited time offer) Ring products are on sale up to $100 off at Best Buy. Foscam Home Security Camera on Amazon. Amcrest POE IP Camera on Amazon. Altec Lansing Security System on Walmart. Nest Cam Indoor n Target. Nest thermostats on Best Buy. Night Owl (4-camera system) on Walmart. Night Owl (4-camera system) on Costco. Night Owl (8-camera system) on Best Buy. Lorex (4-camera system) on Costco. SimpliSafe home security systems $100 off on Best Buy.
Should I get an Arlo or Arlo Pro?
Arlo Pro is a step above the original Arlo, but does come at a higher cost. It is a better security system and worth the price premium over Arlo original, in our opinion. The Arlo Pro is the better security camera. In fact, it’s our best pick out of all smart security cams on the market today. Some of its advantages over the original Arlo are:
- The battery is rechargeable and lasts approximately 6 months.
- It has 2 way audio allowing for communication between the camera and the base station.
- A wider viewing angle than the original.
- You can attach an optional solar panel to power the camera.
Check out our comparison of Arlo vs Aro Pro for more information.
Our Recommendation: Arlo Pro
Reason: The Arlo Pro is our highest reviewed security camera. The original Arlo, although cheaper, is not as good due to the non-rechargeable batteries among other issues.
When are Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019?
Let’s face it, one of the best things about the holiday season is the presents.
The season of mouth-watering deals and promotions is almost upon us. In just a couple weeks, retailers across the country will deliver the best deals of the year. Are the deals really that good though?
Black Friday, the beginning of the gift shopping season, is on November 29 this year. Cyber Monday is on December 2, 2019
Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals pages are a dime a dozen, but this one concentrates on security cameras like Arlo, Canary, Nest Cam, and many more. Let us guide you to the best of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in this category.
Let’s see what amazing promos await us this year.
Predictions for Cyber Monday – Security Camera Deals
Here are some security camera deal predictions for this year’s Cyber Monday:
- Arlo Pro Kit at $399.99
- Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit at $149.99
- Nest Cam Indoor Security at $149.99 (a much better deal than 2016)
- Lorex 6 Channel, 4 camera security system at $399.99
- Swann Wireless 1080p security camera at $69.99
- Ring 2-pk Spotlight cam at $299.99
- Night Owl 8-camera security system at $299.99
- Q-See 4-camera security system at $599.99
- Cobra 4 camera security system at $197.99
Why get an Arlo on Cyber Monday?
Netgear’s Arlo cameras are one of the bestselling wireless cameras due to their ease of use and Wi-Fi connectivity. The Arlo Pro is one of the best reviewed smart security cameras available on the market. Netgear has done a good job designing the camera, and most owners of the system rate it very highly.
Some of the best deals on tech items don’t show up until days before Cyber Monday, so if you don’t mind waiting just a little longer, you should wait until then or Cyber Monday to pick up a security camera. If the predictions are correct, there will be huge markdowns for almost all security cameras on this year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Thanks to Cyber Monday though, you may be able to snag a deal on the superior camera system at a lower price.
Archived Deals from Past Thanksgiving Weekends
Here are a few archived deals from 2016 for comparison:
- A 5-camera, Arlo bundle at $469 from Amazon as well and shall last until Nov 28th.
- Costco will give a 70-dollar off on Netgear’s Arlo 2 making its final price dropped to $199.
- Amazon has the Arlo (4 Camera Bundle) marked down to $349. The sale starts Nov 23.
- Amazon will mark down the Arlo (5 Camera Bundle) to $460.
- Amazon will offer an Arlo wireless camera at less than a hundred, $99, reduced to 44% from its original price.