Prime Day Roomba Deals [Every Deal with Review Summary]
Prime Day Roomba Deals 2018
Roomba 614 [cheapest Roomba] is discounted $129 to $249. To see the deal click here.
Roomba 690 [cheapest Roomba you can get with App connectivity] is discounted $75 to $299. Check it here.
Roomba 890 [good mix of value and features] is discounted $50 to $449. This is not a good deal, but you can see it here.
Roomba 960 [our highest recommended robot vacuum] is discounted $70 to $629. Check it out here.
Roomba 980 [best robot vacuum on the market] is discounted $100 to $799. See the deal here.
Other Prime Day Smart Home Deals
Ring Video Doorbell Pro is usually $249, discounted today to $174. The Pro is a [highly reviewed security camera plus smart door bell].
Amazon Echo Dot is usually $49.99, discounted to $29. The Dot is [the cheapest smart speaker made by Amazon].
Amazon Echo Spot is usually $129, discounted to $99. The Spot is [Amazon’s smart speaker with a small screen].
Amazon Echo Show was originally $229, discounted to $129. The Echo Show is [a smart speaker with a screen attached]
Amazon Echo 2nd Gen is usually $99, discounted to $69. The Echo 2nd gen is an [improved version of the original Alexa Smart Speaker].
Amazon Echo Plus is usually $165, discounted to $99. The Echo Plus is the [Echo smart speaker with a built in Wi-Fi hub].
- 1 Prime Day Roomba Deals 2018
- 2 Other Prime Day Smart Home Deals
- 3 What the heck is Prime Day?
- 4 When is Prime Day for 2018?
- 5 Are there any prerequisites for participating in Prime Day?
- 6 Why Do I Care about Prime Day?
- 7 Prime Day Deal Predictions for Roombas
- 8 Should I get a Roomba or another brand?
- 9 How to choose a Roomba/robot vacuum?
- 10 Tips for buying something on Prime Day
- 11 Summary
- 12 Past Deals:
- 13 2017
- 14 Other Deals
What the heck is Prime Day?
Amazon sets aside a day (and a half) in July of every year for a massivesale.It all started when Amazon made a sale to commemorate its 20th birthday in the year 2015. Since then, the Prime day has developed into an extravaganza for shopping, offering huge discounts on many different categories of items. In reality, Prime day is really just an excuse to sell more things (potentially at a discount).
When is Prime Day for 2018?
Prime Day for 2018 begins on July 16th at 12pm PDT and will end 36 hours later on July 18th 12am PDT.
Are there any prerequisites for participating in Prime Day?
To participate in Prime day and take advantage of the offers, you have to be a registered Amazon member. The annual membership fee costs around $120, and a one-month membership costs $13. You can sign up for free to get a 30-day trial if you have never been a prime member before. For students, the trial period remains active for six months.
Why Do I Care about Prime Day?
If you have been waiting for a deal on something, there is likely to be a sale on that item or at least other items in the same category. The best offers will likely run out quickly. In addition to these, prime day guarantees to stock up on some summer items such as fall gear, swimsuits, and closet necessities, among others.
If you have some things that you know you have to buy but kept putting off, Prime Day is a good time to check for deals on these items.
Prime Day Deal Predictions for Roombas
We are anticipating there will be deals on the Roomba 650, 690, 890, 960, and 980.
The Roomba 650 is an outdated model so we expect Amazon to lower its price to clear out any remaining inventory.
The 690 is the cheapest model in the current generation Roomba lineup.
The Roomba 890 strikes a balance between price and performance.
The 960, our recommended robot vacuum for most people, is likely to be on sale for $100 off or more.
The Roomba 980, the best robot vacuum on the market today, is also likely to be on sale.
Roomba vacuum cleaners can be used on almost all types of floor, and can also navigate through the clutter and furniture.
These robotic vacuum cleaners keep your floors clean in between manual deep vacuuming. While they will probably never match the full power of a corded upright vacuum, they do a good job of maintaining a dust-free floor when run frequently.
This means a Roomba vacuum cleaner has the capability of cleaning up your entire floor without any intervention from you.
Prime Day will likely feature deals on Roombas and other robotic cleaners to boot.
Should I get a Roomba or another brand?
There are myriad types of robot vacuum cleaners available at the marketplace to help keep your house clean. Whether you have a carpet or hardwood, there are specialized robot vacuums to meet the particular demands of your house.
Because the Roomba is the most recognizable robotic vacuum on the market today, it is preferred by most people. The main drawback of these vacuums is a high price. But our experience in the smart home space showed that they do generally provide the best user experience among all vacuums.
If budget is a concern, though, these cheaper alternatives are particularly notable: Neato, iLife, Eufy, and Xiaomi.
They do a good enough job, especially given their much lower price tag.
How to choose a Roomba/robot vacuum?
The first consideration to make is to whether you really need a robot vacuum. You shouldn’t purchase one if you don’t mind manually vacuuming, as the traditional upright vacuums will always clean better than their automated counterparts when operated by a competent human.
Uprights have extra nozzles and appendages to clean tight spots, which a robot vacuum cannot do. They also clean up big messes much more easily.
If you are like the rest of lazy folk, vacuuming is probably not on your list of favorite pastimes, after identifying your need for this gadget, consider the following tips when purchasing the robot vacuum:
- Consider the type of floor in your house, whether hardwood or carpet. Pets are also an important factor to consider and how messy they could be (For example, how often the pets kick the litter out of the box)
- Decide on the budget. The prices range from $200 to $1,000. It depends on the quality and features. You should, however, be prepared to work without some famous features such as wifi connectivity and brushless rollers if you consider going for the low priced models.
- Consider if you require a companion app. Most robot vacuums use apps that make it easier to schedule and control them. Some models could even map out the cleaned area.
- The battery life factor. A better cleaning job is usually done by a robot vacuum with a bigger battery, especially for a big home. It is also important to consider a model that can park itself and recharge in the middle of a job session.
These factors among others are the most important to consider when deciding on the type of robot vacuum that will meet your needs.
Tips for buying something on Prime Day
Prime Day deals come and go quickly. The following tips can be a guide to help in buying your most desired product:
- If you are not already a Prime member, now is a good time to give it shot. If you haven’t used it before, there’s a 1 month free trial. The free trial is 6 months if you have are student.
- Enter your shipping address and billing info ahead of time, in case you don’t have the time to do so when a deal pops up.
- When you add an item to your cart, a 15 minute timer starts. You have until the end of that timer to check out before the deal is released to someone else.
- Enabling 1-click ordering can help speed up the process, but I usually like checking that the shipping and billing information is correct so I don’t use 1-click ordering
- Check back often and early. Most offers on Prime day will last all day, but some of the best deals will be offered as lightning deals only lasting for a limited time/quantity. Caution: checking these deals is fun but a colossal waste of time.
Prime Day is coming, there will be a good selection of tech bargains. It starts on July 16 this year at noon and ends 36 hours later, on July 18th. on the 16th Day of July 2018. Amazon will offer great deals for 36 hours on millions of products on its sites all over the world. Bargain hunters can use the prime day landing page to track action starting from noon Pacific time.
Below are deals from Prime Day 2017, which was in July. For upcoming deals, go to our Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals Page
Smart Robotic Home’s favorite security camera, the Arlo Pro, is discounted on Amazon right now. Grab it on Amazon before the sale ends!
The recently announced Amazon Echo Show has a special preorder promo on Amazon right now. – preorder two and save $100. Use promo code SHOW2PACK . It will be released on June 28, 2017.
RainMachine Mini-8 2nd Generation Weather Aware Smart WiFi Irrigation Controller is available at Newegg for $134 until 5/18/2017.
Amcrest ProHD Wifi Video Security IP Camera with Two-way Audio – currently available on Amazon at a 38% discount.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API