The Roborock S6, one of the best Roborock robots to date, has a lot of competition from within. One of those is the Roborock S55. What, exactly, is the S55, though? There is a lot of confusion surrounding the S5 models, and I want to clear that up.
This review will compare the Roborock S6 vs. the S55 and find out which one is right for you. I will also take a close look at the S55 model and explain how it differs from the S5.
What is the S55 Model?
The Roborock S55 is one of the three S5 series models. The confusion comes in from a few different places, and the most important is the fact that there are no differences in any of the S5 models. The S5 is only one robot; it just comes in three different colors. I will explain this below.
Here are the best deals today. Prices may change as products go in and out of stock.
Roborock S7 is just $399 ($250 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> sonic mop, self-retracting on carpet
Roborock S8 is $599 ($150 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> dual rollers, no cameras (for privacy), advanced vibrating mop
Roborock S8+ is $799 ($200 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> dual rollers, no cameras (for privacy), advanced vibrating mop, auto-emptying
Roborock Q Revo is $799 ($100 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> spinning mops, no cameras (for privacy)
Roborock Q5 is just $279 ($150 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> vacuum only, no mop
Roborock Q5+ is just $449 ($250 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> vacuum only, no mop, auto-emptying
Roborock Q7 Max+ is $579 ($290 off). See this deal on Amazon.
> Q7 Max plus the auto-emptying dock
Or click here to see all the Roborock deals at once
What you should focus on is the performance and abilities of the Roborock S55 (by any name) and how it will do in your home.
What about the S5 Model?
As I mentioned above, the S5 and the S55 only have a single difference. The color of the robot is the only thing that changes between any of the S5 models. It is quite simple when you understand how it works, though. I have a larger review that explains all about the model numbering and how to clear up the confusion. Go check it out.
Here is what you need to know. The S5 comes in three colors, white, which is the base color, and black, as well as white with rose gold trim. The S55 is the black model. The S5, also known as the S50 is the white model, and the S51 is white with rose gold trim.
That’s it — no other differences. However, I still hear about the confusion over the naming of the Roborock robots. I have another review that explains this in detail, as well. For now, though, let’s move on to the Roborock S6 vs. S55 review, shall we?
Differences between the Roborock S6 and Roborock S55
Since we know that the S55 is the S5 model in a different color, what does it have that is different from the S6? I’ll show you.
- The Warranty. Roborock gave the S6 an extra year on the warranty (24 months) over the S55 (12 months).
- Side brush material. The S55 uses ABS material for its side brush, while the S6 is made from durable silicone.
- Water control. The S6 model now has more control over how much water is released to the mopping pad. The S55 doesn’t have water flow control.
- Map storage capabilities. After the S55 maps your home, it is done. One floor plan at a time. The S6 can map and store three floor plans at a time.
- Noise level and speed. The Roborock S6 is quieter than the S55 when running and cleans rooms faster, too.
- Break-apart brush roller. The S55 has a standard, single-piece brush roller. The S6 has a break-apart roller that is easier to clean.
- Select room scheduling. With the S6 model, you can choose a single room, multiple rooms, or the entire home for it to clean. Each room can be scheduled for a different time, too. The S55 cleans all or none.
Similarities between the Roborock S6 and S55
Because Roborock makes both of these robots, you know they have a lot in common. Here are the essential things about them you need to know.
- HEPA filters. Both the S6 and S55 use E-11 washable HEPA filters.
- Wireless communications. You can use the Roborock app or Alexa voice commands to control the robots.
- Recharge and Resume. If the battery gets low while cleaning, the two robots will return to the dock, recharge to 80% capacity, and resume cleaning where they left off.
- The S55 and the S6 are both all-in-one robots that sweep, vacuum and mop.
- LIDAR navigation. You will find that both robots use the LDS style of laser-guided navigation.
- Dust bin capacity. The dust bins (and water reservoirs) are the same capacity on both models.
- The Roborock robots all use the same 5200mAh lithium-ion battery packs.
If you want to know what each model has to offer (or doesn’t offer), have a look at the specifications chart here.
|Roborock S55||Roborock S6|
|Dimensions||13.7×13.8×3.8 inches||13.7×13.8×3.8 inches|
|Weight||7.7 pounds||7.7 pounds|
|Battery||5200mAh lithium-ion||5200mAh lithium-ion|
|Runtime||Up to 150 minutes||Up to 150 minutes|
|Charge Time||5 hours||5 hours|
|Filter||E-11 HEPA, washable||E-11 HEPA, washable|
|Motor Suction||Up to 2000pa||Up to 2000pa|
|Real Time Location and Programming||Yes||Yes|
|Navigation||Multi-Sensor Multi-Room||Multi-Sensor Multi-Room|
|Collection Bin Capacity||0.5L||0.5L|
|Water Reservoir Capacity||0.15L||0.15L|
|Adjustable Water Level||No||Yes|
|Select Room Navigation||No||Yes|
|Select Room Scheduling||No||Yes|
|Multiple Maps Stored||No||Yes (3 maps)|
|Containment||Yes (app only)||Yes (app only)|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Where Can I Learn More?
Because the Roborock S55 is the same model with the same features and options as the S5, I won’t bore you with another detailed review. However, if you want to know everything there is to know about the Roborock S6 vs. S55, check out the full review.
Once you have finished the review, if you decide to go with the S5 series, all that’s left is to pick a color (or model number).
It is no secret that the S6 is a better vacuum. It has better mapping features, more control over the water flow when mopping, and it cleans a little better. If you are going to spend your money on a Roborock, this is the one to get (at least until we see the S7).
However, some people want a robot vacuum and want to save as much as possible. For them, the S55 is a decent second choice. Whichever way you go, your floor will thank you for it.